Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Favorites




"Beloved, let us love one another. For love is of God, and everyone that
loveth is born of God and knoweth God. He that loveth not, knoweth not God,
for God is love." I John 4:7-8





We picked a few fun things to do for Valentine's Day. I love that there is a day set aside to purposely take time to show those in your life how much you care. My goal is to set time aside every day to show my love, but it's fun to have a special day to do so!



My youngest asked if people had today off from work and school because it was a holiday! I found that amusing.

We found some really neat ideas on Pinterest, and I have tried to link up to them here, to give credit where credit is due!

For breakfast, we made some heart shaped eggs in a piece of toast!


I also tried my hand at some heart shaped cinnamon rolls. On the link, you will see the blog where I got this idea from. She made dough and rolled it out, etc. Like she said on her blog, it turned into quite the production. Trying to get school going in the mornings here doesn't leave me a lot of time for fancy breakfasts, so I decided to "cheat" and buy a roll of pre-made cinnamon rolls. I know the taste is inferior to homemade, but I was going after the "look" this time around, so I compromised.

I ended up unrolling the pre-made rolls and then re-rolling them into the heart shapes that are seen on this blog. They came out pretty cute, and I was pleased that the workload really didn't add any stress at all to the morning!


For the girls, I printed out some fun Valentine's Princess Printables that I found....



We found this super cute cut out Valentine that the girls made for their grandparents:


The girls made giant Hershey Kisses rice Krispy treats and even tucked a small unwrapped Hershey kiss surprise into the middle of them, using the paper wrapper to make them look more authentic when they wrapped them up in foil.


Ever since I pinned the Borax Crystal Hearts on my Pinterest board, Melissa has been asking to try making these.  I finally went to the one store in the area that still sells Borax to buy it for this project.



 We made some red and white hearts, and they are very pretty! The girls were pretty fascinated by the crystals. I think I see more Borax crystal growing projects in our future. These looked good enough to eat, and we had to warn grandpa that they were not edible! (although that might have been both funny and interesting.....never mind)



 

Growing the crystals overnight!






 All in all, a pretty fun time.... There were so many projects to choose from but I think these ones were fun and meaningful and not too much work! The perfect combination!










Valentine's Day Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!